Thursday, October 14, 2010

Candy Dreams


These baby's have been the subject of my dreams of late! Maybe its because Halloween is around the corner and i always find myself stealing the snickers out of my kids treat bags...For the life of me i can't decide which direction to go with the cupcake version of these beauties. Id like to make something that tastes like a snickers without actually using a snickers bar....but they may find their way in anyway because they are just so darned good! Here is what I'm thinking

1. Chocolate cupcake with peanut nougat filling, glazed in caramel, frosted with chocolate buttercream and garnished with peanuts and caramel drizzle.

2. Peanut butter cupcake with a peanut nougat filling, glazed in caramel and chocolate ganache, frosted with chocolate buttercream and garnished with peanuts and caramel.

Which sounds better or more "snickerish" to you? In both cases some chopped up snickers may find their way into the filling because, well, i just can't help myself. The only reason I'm leaning toward version #2 is because i'm worried version 1 may have too much chocolate. GASP! I can't believe I just said that!!!

Then there is the caramel, I'm not sure if either version has enough, but again its not the flavor that jumps out at me when i eat a snickers. Although it seems most versions on the web are mostly chocolate and caramel, i just don't want to end up with a milky way cupcake :). Just thinking out loud here, how about this?

3. Peanut butter cupcake with a peanut caramel filling, glazed in caramel and chocolate ganache, frosted with chocolate frosting and garnished with more peanuts and caramel?

Ah! I really don't know what to do...and i don't want to have to eat a bag of snickers to decide :) So, please leave some opinions

3 comments:

  1. You should make both and I will taste test for you....lol. They both sound good but I have never had a peanut butter cupcake before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S If you are still looking for a birthday cake to make my niece Ally's birthday is in November and I know she would love a special cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, sounds like a plan! I had pretty much decided to make them both. Knowing me I'll probably make them 4 different ways...I'm going to do it this weekend. I'll let you know when they are ready! I'd love to make her a cake! Send them my way!

    ReplyDelete