Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lemon-liciuos!

Hahaha, are you getting tired of all the "licious" titles? My 5 year olds favorite books are currently pink-a-licious, purple-licious, gold-a-licous, you get the picture. So, every time she tries a cupcake its lemon-licious, or rainbow-licious and since she is my daughter and i think everything she says is cute it somehow always ends up here. I promise, no more though!

After making a lot of rich cupcakes i decided it was time for something lighter. So i tackled lemon this weekend. I had 2 recipes, one read "light and fluffy" the other read more like pound cake, so i decided to use elements of both and combine the two. The end result was moist and fluffy, just what i was looking for! I thought they were tasty, lemon isn't my favorite flavor but they were really good with some lemon filling and lemon cream cheese frosting. The original plan was to make a white chocolate cream cheese frosting, but i was low on white chocolate. So, i just garnished with it instead.I filled some with raspberry but i forgot to take a picture of the center this time. They were good but I actually liked the lemon filling better!

This weeks flavor is red velvet! So excited about this one! Also, they hubby and i were talking and decided i really needed a better camera. Its not that I'm bad at taking pictures, i just don't have the camera for it. One of the things i love about food blogs is the pictures that make you want to lick the screen! So, i checked out what camera's some of my favorite food bloggers use...OUCH! So, now I'm not sure what we are going to do because spending $500-$1500 on a camera right not just isn't in the cards...sigh...I know how important pictures are because that is what clients are going to go by. Food is as much about your eyes as it is your stomach!

No comments:

Post a Comment