Saturday, October 16, 2010

Recipe Contest!

After seeing a segment on the morning news, I decided to enter a local recipe contest. Winner gets $2000, which we would invest back into my cake's. So, this weekend after a 3 day hiatus i got to baking again. I made nearly 100 cupcakes, and my kitchen is a disaster but I managed to pawn them all off! Without further adeu, here is what i came up with!

Turtle: Dark Chocolate Cupcake, dipped in caramel then rolled in pecans. Frosted with caramel buttercream and garnished with a chocolate covered caramel and caramel and chocolate drizzle.

S'mores: Graham cracker crust, dark chocolate cupcake, marshmallow buttercream and garnished with chocolate and toasted homemade marshmallows.

Not sure which one I'm using yet, the results aren't all in :)

Thanks to my amazingly talented Father for taking some beautiful pictures for me! Its amazing what a good camera and artistic eye can do!

2 comments:

  1. My vote is for the oreo for sure. So yummy. If I get a second vote it would be for the vanilla cookie dough. So very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all were so good. If I had to pick my favorite it would probably be the Cookies and Cream or the Smores. Landen said his favorite was the smores one. I hope that helps. Thanks for bringing them over! We enjoyed eating them!!

    ReplyDelete