Thursday, October 7, 2010

Please sir i want "S'more"


After venturing outside yesterday I totally abandoned my other ideas of red velvet and pumpkin. For some reason, it put me in the mood for a campfire and s'mores! Since neither were possible i give you S'mores cupcakes!!! I made some changes to the chocolate cake recipe i used last time and this time it WAS absolute perfection! Last time It was really good, but was a little to light/crumbly to hold up well to frosting and filling. This time i added 1c sour cream and 1 small pox of chocolate pudding. Mike doesn't even like chocolate cake and he raved about them.


I put a graham cracker crust on the bottom, topped that with a little chocolate ganache and then put the batter over top. I frosted with marshmallow frosting and garnished with a chocolate square, roasted marshmallow, and graham cracker crumbs. I also dipped them in ganache before i frosted them. They really did taste just like a s'more! Of course the kids loved them, but they will eat straight sugar from a bowl, Mike was the real judge and he LOVED them.


I was experimenting with where to put the frosting, in the middle and then dip in ganache or on top. So, i made some of both and let Mike decide. He liked it on top much better
Even though we decided to go with filling on the top, i couldn't resist this picture, it just looks so yummy!
Drool..........I make make a few alterations next time. They only think i would do differently is the frosting. It wasn't as Marshmallow-ey as i would have liked. Still tasty though!

1 comment:

  1. These cupcakes were so YUMMY!! You are good at what you do. If you ever need someone to take any off of your hands or taste test any you know where to bring them!!

    ReplyDelete